MBA & MPA Programs of Belt and Road School
Belt and Road School (BRS) is a comprehensive education and research institution within the Beijing Normal University (BNU), one of the most prestigious universities in China boasting a profound history since 1902. The School benefits from the predominant disciplines in liberal arts and science of the University and enjoys a geographical advantage at the beautiful BNU Zhuhai campus within the Guangdong – Hong Kong – Macau Greater Bay Area, one of the world’s most open and economically vibrant regions. The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program and the Master of Public Administration (MPA) program offered by BRS are designed for outstanding professionals seeking to advance themselves with world-class education for taking full advantage of exciting opportunities brought by the Belt and Road Initiative.
Rich Educational Experience
The BRS features rich diversity and high quality. Since its establishment, around 400 international students from 80 countries have graduated.
The BRS values expertise. The faculty members are composed of extraordinary leaders and world-renowned experts in political, academic, finance, business management, and other fields whose work influences industry trends and practices. Meet some of our distinguished faculty teaching staffs:
Djoomart Otorbaev, Former Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan;
Zlatko Lagumdžija, Former Prime Minister of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
Grzegorz W. Kolodko, Former Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance of Poland;
L. Enrique García , Former President of CAF – Development Bank of Latin America;
Rajat M. Nag, Former Managing Director General of Asian Development Bank.
MBA program and MPA program each admits 50 students in every academic year. Both programs require a two-year full-time study. All courses are taught in English.
All students enrolled in MBA or MPA program are required to fulfill the credit requirements and pass the thesis defense to graduate. Graduates will earn a degree of Master of Business Administration or Master of Public Administration issued by Beijing Normal University.
The MBA program prepares pre-experience students with skills and knowledge for advancing careers in a fast growing business environment.
The program will equip students with:
• Theoretical knowledge and analytical methods of business administration;
• Sound understanding of international business strategy;
• Social responsibility awareness;
• Knowledge of the background and mission of the Belt and Road Initiative and the Guangdong – Hong Kong – Macau Greater Bay Area and related business opportunities.
The MPA program offers students with cutting-edge philosophy and prepares them with management skills to shape the future of public and management sectors.
The program will equip students with:
• Principal theory, methods, and skills of public administration and public policy;
• Skills for cross-cultural communication and management;
• Knowledge of the background, main tasks of the Belt and Road Initiative and the Guangdong – Hong Kong – Macau Greater Bay Area and related public policy.
Core Courses (include but are not limited to):
• Introduction of the Belt and Road Initiative;
• The Development and Management of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau Greater Bay Area;
• The Economy and Development of Emerging Market Countries;
• China Social Economic Survey.
All applicants are considered for full or partial scholarships based on the overall assessment of academic merit or specific eligibility criteria.
The MBA and MPA programs offer full and partial scholarships:
• A full scholarship provides a tuition waiver for two academic years, a health insurance, and a stipend for housing and living.
• A partial scholarship provides a tuition waiver for two academic years, a health insurance, and a partial stipend for living.
1. Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens holding a foreign passport and under 50 years old;
2. Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree or above. One year or longer of working experience is preferred;
3. Applicants should demonstrate an adequate level of proficiency in English.Non-native English speakers should provide a certificate issued by school attended to prove the medium of instruction was English or TOEFL 85 or IELTS 6.0.
• Academic transcript of undergraduate study and degree certificate;
• Recommendation letter;
• Personal statement;
• Resume / CV and a short video clip;
• Official English proficiency test scores;
• Visa Photo and copy of a valid regular passport;
• Statement of Guarantee;
* For requirements of application materials, the admission information of Beijing Normal University shall prevail:
How to Apply
1. Register for an account at https://international.bnu.edu.cn/ and sign in before April 30,2023. Submit all required information as guided. Pay an application fee of 600 RMB (non-refundable) through the payment system on the website;
2. Send the completed application form and all required documents (in clear scanned PDF format copy and renamed properly), photos, and videos to email@example.com;
3. Deliver the hard copies of all required documents to the Admission Office of Beijing Normal University for review (DHL, FedEx, and other international delivery service are recommended to minimize the possibility of mail loss), address referred below;
4. Take an online interview (interview notification for successful applicants will be sent out via email);
*Address of the Admission Office of Beijing Normal University (for hard copies delivery):
Admission Office (International Students), Provost’s Office and Academic Affairs, Beijing Normal University
A103, Main Building, No. 19 Xinjiekouwai Street, Haidian District
Beijing, China 100875
Address: Room E105, Lijiao Building,Beijing Normal University at Zhuhai, No.18, Jinfeng Road, Tangjiawan, Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province, 519087, P.R. China
Contact: Ms. Li