Short-term programs of Beijing Normal University are mainly divided into Chinese language study program and professional field study program, covering Language and Culture, Philosophy, Education, Resources and Environment, Social Development, and many other fields.
- Project types: Chinese language study program and professional field study program.
- Time period: Programs are mainly focused from June to August. Time periods can be flexible. Short-term studies may be included during a school semester, or a winter camp during winter vacation.
- Teaching methods: there are two methods: online and offline. Students may take part in class through online network platforms or field classes.
Currently, the short-term projects in the university mainly fall into the following three categories:
- The Summer Chinese Language Training Program is offered by the College of Interational Chinese Language Education of Beijing Normal University. It starts in early July and early August every year and offers Chinese courses of varying lengths from 3 weeks to 8 weeks. The program accepts individual and group registration. The class is taught from beginning levels, intermediate levels to advanced levels. Each class has about 15 students and combines teaching and practice courses.
- The customized Chinese language program is offered by the College of Interational Chinese Language Education of Beijing Normal University through consultation with partner institutions. The content and duration of the course can be arranged flexibly, and individual registration is not accepted. Our school cooperates with more than 20 famous universities around the world to offer Chinese language programs. Each program has a class ranging from 10 to 100 students.
- Research and study programs in professional fields are offered by related majors of Beijing Normal University separately or through joint consultation with foreign parties.