1. General Introduction
(1) Different Levels of Classes & Small Class Teaching
BNU welcomes the students with zero or above basic Chinese level from all over the world. Different levels of teaching is our feature. We have nine different levels of classes for students to choose, ranging from beginners’ to advanced. Students will take 20 hours Chinese classes each week. Students are placed in the appropriate class after a placement test upon registration. Small-class teaching is our tradition. 15-20 students class gives every student opportunity to speak. We emphasize on students’ performance in the class and changing teacher-center class to student-center class thoroughly.
(2) Strong and Committed Teachers & Full Range of Curriculum
Since the 1960s, Beijing Normal University has been carrying out the education of international students in China. It is one of the earliest universities in China to carry out the education of international students in China. Highly experienced and fully professional teachers make students improve their communicative ability by practicing in listening, speaking, reading and writing, and engage students in practical student-centered activity. Full range of courses are provided for students, such as Chinese history, Chinese literature, Chinese geography and so on. We also offer rich elective courses to students which can stimulate students’ interests and make students have a better understanding of Chinese and Chinese culture, such as calligraphy, Kung-fu, Chinese ancient poetry and so on.
(3) Entertainment & Extracurricular Activity
We offer richly colorful extracurricular activities, such as Beijing Opera appreciation, Chinese language competition, culture tour and so on, which is a great opportunity for students to put their knowledge into practice.
2. Study Duration and Study Mode
Duration of study is one semester or more. Different classes are arranged for beginners and students of advanced levels. (Study in the College of Chinese Language and Culture)
3. Application Requirement
- Aged between 18 and 45.
- High school certificate or higher academic degree.
4. Application Period
Spring Semester (starting in March 2022) : October 10, 2021 -- November 30, 2021
Fall Semester (starting in September 2022) : April 10, 2022 -- June 30, 2022
5. Application Procedures
(1). Applicants must first visit http://apply.bnu.edu.cn/, set your account and password and complete the online application procedure.
(2). Please select the Chinese Language Student program.
(3). Ordinary applicants enter the Chinese Language Student column. Exchange students enter the Chinese Language Student (Exchange Student) column.
(4). Fill in the registration information truthfully, and upload the application materials.
(5). After submitting the registration information, please pay the registration fee through online payment and wait for the preliminary examination result.
(6). After passing the preliminary examination of the registration system, please download and print the application form for international students of Beijing Normal University, which shall be signed by the applicant, and all paper application materials shall be mailed to Beijing Normal University (see the 6. Application Materials for details).
6. Application Materials
- BNU Application Form for International Student. Please log on to the Beijing Normal University International Student Online Service System (http://apply.bnu.edu.cn) and fill in the form online.;
- Authenticated/notarized copy of degree certificate or Certificate of Enrollment (must bear the true stamps documents in languages other than Chinese or English will need to be translated and notarized as well);
- Authenticated/notarized copy of academic transcript;
- Copy of passport. If you have Chinese Visa, a copy of the recent visa page is required;
- Application fee: 450 RMB (pay online).
* Application materials must be in Chinese or English.
* Application materials and application fee.
* At the time of registration, applicants who are studying in China with X visa should submit transfer agreement or a certificate of completion or a Certificate of Enrollment to the International Students office.
* Transfer Agreement (only for those who are studying in China before applying for BNU).
7. Payment & Fees
one semester: 11600 RMB;
one academic year: 22400 RMB.
Pay your tuition fee by using Union Pay card when you register.
8. Contact Information & Mailing address
Admission Office, Provost’s Office and Academic Affairs (Graduate School)
Beijing Normal University
A103, Main Building, No. 19 Xinjiekouwai Street, Haidian District
Beijing, China 100875