In order to encourage and support excellent international students to pursue their degree at Beijing Normal University, the BNU New International Student Scholarship has been founded. Application instructions are as follows:
I. Scholarship Coverage & Duration
1. Full tuition waiver during the duration of study.
2. Provides a living allowance during the duration of study (including accommodation allowance, paid monthly).
- Undergraduate students: RMB 2,000 yuan/month
- Master students：RMB 2,500 yuan/month
- Ph.D students：RMB 3,000 yuan/month
3. Provides comprehensive medical insurance.
The scholarship duration is equal to the duration of study. (If the awardee postpones his/her graduation, he/she will not be eligible for the scholarship during the extended period of their studies. If the awardee suspends his/her study or leaves the school, his/her scholarship will be terminated.)
II. Qualifications of Applicants
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with good health who maintain an amicable attitude towards China;
2. Applicants should have good conduct, have an outstanding academic record and meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate students: rank among the top 3% in the entrance examination or be exempted from the examination due to their excellent academic records;
- Master students: have an outstanding bachelor transcript; a strong academic background and research and innovation ability.
- Ph. D students: have an outstanding master transcript; a strong academic background and research and innovation ability.
3. Applicants should already be admitted by BNU to start their degree program in the current year.
4. Applicants should not be beneficiaries of any other scholarship or funding from any government, institution or organization.
III. Application Materials
1. Completion of “BNU Scholarship Application Form for International Students”;
2. For Undergraduate Degree Program, please refer to http://apply.bnu.edu.cn/, make online application, print application form and submit application materials mentioned in the general regulation.
3. For Master Degree Program, please refer to http://apply.bnu.edu.cn/, make online application, print application form and submit application materials mentioned in the general regulation.
Note: Submitted documents will not be returned, whether you are awarded or not.
IV. Application Deadline
Please refer to the latest admission brochure of Beijing Normal University.
V. Annual Comprehensive Review
Students who have been awarded a BNU scholarship must attend an annual review in May each year, which will decide whether they can continue to receive the scholarship. If students fail the annual review the scholarship will be suspended for one year and they will be allowed to attend the annual review again next year. If they are able to pass, they can once more receive the scholarship and attend the next annual review; if they fail, the scholarship will be terminated.
VI. Contact Information
A103, Main Building, Admission Office, Beijing Normal University,
No. 19 Xinjiekouwai Street, Haidian District, Beijing, China
email@example.com (Undergraduate Program)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Graduate Program)