In order to encourage and support international students with good academic performance to study for a degree at our university, Beijing Normal University has established a “Silk Road Muduo” scholarship. The details of the application are as follows:
I. Scholarship Coverage and Duration
1. The “Silk Road Muduo” scholarship include: tuition, accommodation allowance, living stipend and comprehensive medical insurance.
2. Coverage & standard:
(1) Tuition waiver for the duration of study;
(2) Provide accommodation allowance, living stipend during the study period:
- Undergraduate: RMB 2,500/month; accommodation allowance: RMB 700/month
- Master’s: RMB 3,000/month; accommodation allowance: RMB 700/month
- PhD: RMB 3,500/month; accommodation allowance: RMB 1,000/month
(3) Provide comprehensive medical insurance;
The scholarship duration is equal to the duration of study. (If the awardee postpones his/her graduation, he/she will not be eligible for the scholarship during the extended period of studies. If the awardee suspends his/her study or leaves the school, his/her scholarship will be terminated).
II. Qualifications of Applicants
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with good health, and maintain an amicable attitude towards China;
2. Applicants must be citizens of the "One Belt and One Road" countries;
3. The applicant should have good conduct and outstanding results and meet the following conditions:
- Undergraduate applicants: Those with excellent scores in the entrance examination or those who have excellent results and have obtained exemption from entrance examination;
- Master’s degree applicants: Excellent bachelor’s degree, strong academic background, scientific research and innovation capabilities;
- Ph.D. applicants: Excellent master's degree, with strong academic background, scientific research and innovation capabilities.
4. Applicants must be perspective international students who have been admitted by BNU programs;
5. The applicants should not receive any other types of scholarship and do not receive any financial aids from any government, department or organization.
III. Application Materials
1. Completion of “BNU Scholarship Application Form for International Students”;
2. For Undergraduate Degree Program, please refer to http://apply.bnu.edu.cn/, make online application, print application form and submit application materials mentioned in the general regulation.
3. For Master Degree Program, please refer to http://apply.bnu.edu.cn/, make online application, print application form and submit application materials mentioned in the general regulation.
Note: Submitted documents will not be returned, whether you are awarded or not.
IV. Application Deadline
Please refer to the latest admission brochure of Beijing Normal University.
V. Annual Comprehensive Review
Beijing Normal University “Silk Road Muduo Scholarship” recipients must take the annual review of the scholarship in May each year to determine their scholarship qualification next year. If the students fail to pass the annual review, the scholarship will be suspended for one year; however, they will be allowed to take in the annual review the next year. If they are able to pass, they can once more receive the scholarship and attend the next annual review; if they fail, the scholarship will be terminated.
VI. Contact Information
A103, Main Building, Admission Office, Beijing Normal University,
No. 19 Xinjiekouwai Street, Haidian District, Beijing, China
email@example.com (Undergraduate Program)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Graduate Program)