1. The Content of Program
To support excelllent doctoral students registered in foreign universities to study, do research and finish doctoral dissertations in China.
2. Funding Period
1 semester to 2 years
3. The Content of Funding
- tuition fee
- living allowance and research allowance
- annual international travelling expenses (economy class)
- medical and accident insurance during the stay in China
- collective activities and cultural experience
- international travelling expenses of supervisor from foreign univesity (economy class)
4. Application qualifications
- Meet the requirements of admission rules of Beijing Normal University;
- BNU does not provide preparatory Chinese language courses for students apply for Chinese-taught master’s program;
- Applicants should not be holding any other scholarships.
5. Application materials
(1) BNU Application Form for International Students with a photograph. Please fill in the application form, submit online and print a hardcopy with an attached photo with white background (the photo should be the same as that of submitted in the application system). Please make sure that the application form is signed by the applicant and the guarantor of the applicant.
(2) Notarized certificate of the highest academic certificate1. A notarized Chinese or English translation should be attached to the text in languages other than Chinese and English. Students should submit the certificate of study issued by their school.
(3) Transcript. A notarized Chinese or English translation should be attached to the text in languages other than Chinese and English.
(4) Personal Statement Form. Please download and complete the form at the international student admission website of Beijing Normal University and sign your name in person.
(5) Abstract of master thesis and other research achievement.
(6 Abstract of PhD thesis.
(7) 2 Recommendation letters. Applicants applying for doctoral degree should submit letters of recommendation from two associate professors or scholars with higher academic titles, or a senior expert in a related field. (There is no specified format for the recommendation letters, please specify the name of the referee and contact information, all letters must be signed by the referee).
(8) Candidates applying for Chinese-taught program should provide HSK certificate. For more details, please refer to the admission brochure of international students of Beijing Normal University.
(9) 1 copy of passport, which must be a valid ordinary passport.
(10) Statement of Guarantee. Please download, fill in and have the guarantor signed the form. The signature should be consistent with the name of the passport.
(11) All the materials mentioned before should be bound in the upper left corner according to the order above. Application materials will not be returned, regardless of whether the applicant is admitted by the University.
6. Application method
(1) Please follow the admission instruction of Beijing Normal University and prepare the application documents according to the admission method. Please log on to the “BNU International Student Service System” to complete an online application for BNU program and pay the application fee.
(2) Log on to Confucious China Studies Program application system (http://csp.chinese.cn/myDoip/login.html) to submit online application. Send all application materials by mail to Confucius Institute Headquarters and Beijing Normal University.
Attention: Confucious China Studies Program application system will be closed on 28/02/2021, please complete application before the deadline.
(1) Beijing Normal University reviews the applicants’ materials according to the admission rules.
(2) The expert committee of “Confucius China Studies Program,” will review and interview the applicants who have passed the examination of the school.
(3) The expert committee of “Confucius China Studies Program” determines the final winner
8. Mailing address and contact information
Center for Language Education and Cooperation
Address: Center for Language Education and Cooperation, Sinology and China Studies Division, 129 Deshengmenwai Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100088, China
Admission Office, Provost’s Office and Academic Affairs, Beijing Normal University
A103, Main Building, No.19 Xinjiekouwai Street, Haidian District, Beijing, China
Admission Office (International Students), Provost’s Office and Academic Affairs, Beijing Normal University