Chinese University Program is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
1. Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
(1) Supporting Category: This scholarship only supports graduate students.
(2) Duration: The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
(3) Instruction Language: Chinese or English.
2. Scholarship Coverage and Standard
The Chinese University Program provides both full scholarships and partial scholarships. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard of CSC website for details of each item. http://www.campuschina.org/zh/content/details1003_122933.html
(1) Full scholarship covers
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy
- Comprehensive medical insurance
Please visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and refer to Comprehensive Insurance & Protection Scheme for Foreigners Staying in China for insurance policy.
(2) Partial Scholarship covers
One or some items of the full scholarship.
3. Where and When to Apply
(1) Agency Name: Beijing Normal University
(2) Agency Number: 10027
When to apply: Applicants need to apply between November and April. Please check and pay attention to the latest admission information of BNU.
4. Applicants Qualification
(1) The applicant should meet the requirements of BNU Admission Brochure for International Students.
(2) The University does not provide preparatory Chinese language courses to the applicants for Chinese-taught MA or PhD programs. Please submit HSK certificate according to the admission requirements of your program.
(3) Applicants should not be holding any other scholarships.
(4) The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- Be a high school graduate and no more than 25when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder and no more than 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder and no more than 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
5. Application Procedure
(1) Please follow the instruction of BNU admission information for international students and prepare the application documents. Please log on to the "BNU International Student Service System" to complete an online application for BNU program and pay the application fee.
(2) Register on the website of CSC; complete, print and sign the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship. To apply through the Chinese University Program as new student, please choose Type B; the Agency number for Beijing Normal University is 10027.
* Please note: re-submission of the form is required if you have made any modification.
(3) Submit all your application documents to BNU before the deadline.
6. Application Documents
(1) Application Form for International Students with a photograph. Please fill in the application form, submit online and print a hardcopy. Please make sure that the application form is signed by the applicant and the guarantor of the applicant. Application form without the applicant and the guarantor’s signatures will be invalid.
(2) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
(3) Notarized highest diploma. Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
(4) Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English).
(5) BNU Personal Statement Form (Master's Program, PhD Program); please complete the form in either Chinese or English and make sure to sign).
(6) A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English). This should be a minimum of 200 words for the undergraduate program applicants and 800 words for postgraduate program applicants.
(7) Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);Applicants for undergraduate program and postgraduate program must submit two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors.
(8) A CD of your own works (only required for arts students). Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of their own musical works. Applicants for the fine arts programs must submit a CD of their own works which include two sketches, two color paintings and two other works.
(9) Applicants under the age of 18 must submit relevant documents about their statutory guardians in China.
(10) Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) (The original copy will be kept by yourself and the form is uniformly printed by Chinese healthy quarantine departments. It must be written in English and can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org). The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
(11) Proof of Chinese language proficiency (HSK certificate and transcript) or proof of English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.), please see the latest admission information of BNU for detailed language requirement.
(12) Two photocopies of applicant's passport information page (only ordinary and valid passport is allowed).
(13) All documents should be bound together on top left corner. No application documents will be returned.
7. Admission and Enrollment
(1) BNU will review the application documents and decide the nominated candidates. Nominated candidates will get Chinese Government Scholarships to study in China with approval of the CSC.
(2) CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Each scholarship recipient—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship.
(3) Scholarship recipients shall not be allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.
(4) Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
(5) If scholarship recipients fail to pass the Physical Examination after registration, the admission and scholarship qualification will be withdrawn.
(6) According to the regulations of CSC, annual evaluation will be required for all CSC scholarship recipients. Students who pass the evaluation will be qualified for scholarship next year.
8. Contact information of China Scholarship Council
Telephone: 0086-10-66093970, 66093978
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina ; www.campuschina.org
Address: Division of International Students Affairs, China Scholarship Council
Level 13, Building A3, No.9 Chegongzhuang Avenue, Beijing, P.R China